About Me

My photo
Kansas, United States
I am an aspiring photographer and love photography!!! I have an Associates of Science in Computer Animation and am pursing another AS in Digital Photography at the International Academy of design and technology. My husband is in the Army and we are stationed in Kansas. I am a total couch potato and am, unfortunately, addicted to Reality TV. :-/

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Paws for Charity 2009 - Art Book Project


Hello all,

I know I mentioned earlier that I received great news. One of my photographs was selected to be published in a book where all the proceeds will be donated to Breast Cancer charities.

Such a great cause. I'm so excited that one of my photographs was selected and not to mention that it is for charity.

Your help in supporting this cause (as well as the artists selected for the book) would be greatly appreciated. More information as I receive it will be posted. The book isn't available just yet as it is still in the making. For the current information I have, please see below...and make sure to spread the word...its for charity people!!! :) You can also visit pawsforcharity.blogspot.com.

What is "Paws for Charity"?
Paws for Charity was created several years ago by four women who ran dog businesses and used their businesses to raise money for breast cancer charity. When the group was started, Sara Harley ran a dog biscuit business and sold a package called "Crunch for a Cure". One hundred percent of her proceeds was donated to breast cancer charity. Last year, she sold her dog biscuit business and Paws for Charity languished. This year, she decided to focus on fund raising through Paws for Charity through two projects. Two of the other Paws for Charity founders continue to sell their products to raise funds, and this year will be raising funds for different charities. Paws for Charity is not a registered charity, but they do raise funds for registered charities.

What is the "Art Book Project"?
2009 is the first year for this project. A 40 page book is being created using donated art and photograph images from the US, UK, and Canada. The book features dogs and cats (and one teddy bear!) (the PAWS part of the project) and all proceeds raised will be donated to breast cancer charities (the FOR CHARITY part of the project).

What is the book going to look like?
The book is a soft cover book, 7 inches square and 40 pages long. It features the artwork and photography of 37 artists from the US, UK, and Canada. It will be published by an online, on demand company. This means that the books are printed one by one as they are ordered, and shipped out to the purchaser directly by the online printing company.

Here is my contribution:

My little baby, Penny. :)

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet photo! So expressive.
    Wanted to stop by to say hi. Saw your post on Sara's blog. (I am one of the other artists that will be included in the book.) Cheers,
    Blenda

    ReplyDelete